Monday, January 19, 2009

Super Bowl prediction ... massive lack of interest

Yeah, yeah, I know it's interesting to see Kurt Warner -- the 37-year-old Superman -- try to take the Chicago/St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals to an improbable Super Bowl victory next month.
And yeah, it would be interesting to see Ben Roethlisberger, the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, goes for his second ring, as Warner will be doing.
But is anyone really really interested in seeing this Super Bowl? Come on, really?
Not really.
Maybe I'm just grouchy because I'm on Week 3 of the Larson Improvement Plan (which consists of 5:30 a.m. workouts and a reduced amount of chicken fried steak, chicken quesadillas and pizza (reduced = zero in this plan). But I just don't think I'll be able to get excited about this one. And I consider myself a pretty big sports fan.
Maybe it's because I don't have a dog (dog = Cowboys) in the fight. But I would have been a little more interested in seeing the Eagles and Steelers.
Oh, well. That's not going to happen. Guess I'll just eat my low fat cheese stick and water bottle and take in the first 20 minutes of the game before switching over to watch Survivorman re-runs.
-- Jayson Larson, editor

No comments:

Post a Comment