Monday, February 2, 2009

Your favorite Super Bowl commercial?



Well, overall I was disappointed with Super Bowl commercials Sunday, but I did come to a realization: the visual effects that used to make the commercials so cool 10 years ago are commonplace now. We've even reverted to using 3D to try to wow viewers.
Still, two commercials were pretty good, in my opinion:
1. During the Super Bowl, the careerbuilder.com commercial was like a train wreck -- kind of like nails on a chalkboard, yet I couldn't look away. I've included the clip above. I spent the rest of the night walking by my wife and saying, "Hey, dummy!" Watch the clip and you'll get it.
2. Before the Super Bowl, the Doritos Beer flavored commercial. Probably one of the best of the day. The setup: a guy is pitching a new flavor of Doritos, and each chip has the equivalent of a 16 oz. can of beer embedded into it. So you've got to know it wasn't long before you saw someone's underwear. Again, included below.
3. One other note: Danica Patrick has repeatedly said she just wants to be a racecar driver and not a sex symbol. Her GoDaddy.com commercial, where she appears in the shower, shows otherwise. Show me the money!

What was your favorite commercial?

-- Jayson Larson, editor

No comments:

Post a Comment