Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I thought we were having money issues?

I've decided to be pro-active when it comes to paying my taxes. So, basically, I filed them like a month okay.
Last week I received not one...but two checks from the national government. Being the positive person I strive to be I thought, "Score, maybe I got two refunds from the government...cha-ching!!!!"
I opened the first check and it was for the ammount I thought I was supposed to get back. The mystery check contained -- wait for it -- $1. Yes, you did read that right, the national government sent me a $1 refund. I'm fairly certain postage, the paper and the enevelope for that check cost more than a dollar.
I find it extremely interesting that when we are in an "economic crisis" people can still receive checks for -- well basically for a coke. They could have just put four quarters in the first envelope that way I could get some Laffy Taffys or Runts or the other two or three things you can get with a quarter these day.

No comments:

Post a Comment