Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Gotta love elementary school

I try to have this rule about not reporting incidents from inside the schools when I go eat with my kids. I'm always the newspaper editor, but I try to call "timeout" and be dad, too.
But I've got to report on this earth-shattering piece of breaking news:
I went to South Athens Elementary to eat with my son today. As I was waiting, I saw a teacher waiting patiently with her students in line while others finished using the restroom.
So there's this kid standing second in line (we'll call him Kid No. 1), and I see a boy and a girl behind him plugging their noses and making awful faces. Well, I figure I knew what was going on, and I just chuckled (trying not to let the teacher see me acting like a 7-year-old). Then Kid No. 1 starts breathing into his hands to see if he's got bad breath or something. The boy standing behind him then says, "Ewww, you're gross!"
And then that same kid turned around and stuck his finger about three-quarters of the way up his nose. On that, I could no longer hold my silent laugh.
Isn't elementary school awesome? I miss it. Maybe I can pull a Billy Madison and go back.
If I could, I'd try to stay longer. And I'd try to keep my fingers away from my nose.
-- Jayson Larson, editor

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! I was so engrossed in this that when I got to the end, I found myself "snorting" while I laughed!!!!!! Good times! Good times!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! And imagine trying to stop laughing in front of the teacher!

    ReplyDelete