Friday, December 19, 2008

LIVE SPORTS BLOG: Athens girls teams have had some good ones

Watching the Athens girls basketball warm-up during halftime of the Kaufman-Longview game got me to thinking about the top Athens girls players that have come along over the last 10 years.
There were some very, very, very lean years, but if I remember correctly, they started getting a lot better under Theresa Tindel.
I know I'm going to forget quite a few girls, but it seems like Athens has had one girl come along as a freshman and become one of the school's best players. When I first began covering, that girl was D'wayna Freeman. Then as her time was running out at Athens, along came RaTonya Hunter. Now it's Alex Furr.
Must be something in the water.

-- Jayson Larson, editor, Athens Review

No comments:

Post a Comment